Friday, March 28, 2008

N. Steven
Replay the track, I’m back, not rapping,
in fact my status is “reading my soul”
Totally sold to the art of playing my part
in a screenplay that has yet to unfold
A sense of suspense suspends in the air
as reality lets loose what was already there.
Yet here I stand, pen and heart in my hands,
prepared to lay bare, never playing it fair.
For together, we’re like Thelonius,
some might call it ceremonious
The Mason/Dixon line’s not holding us,
so don’t dare to call it erroneous.
More like synonymous, on top of us,
it shocking and rocking the lot of us,
But for now, this wordplay is Phase One,
Phase Two holds a lot more promises…


Spoken.Word.

And what’s become of us is, now,
declared as Significant Importance
Reproduction of a Zealous Phonomenon,
once barren from Impotence
Two unlikely Life Forces,
a part of citations of Differently-writ Sources,
Experimented to show forth data
to what a Combustible Force is
Compatibility is merely a ploy
to distract from the underlying connection
Yet, in retrospection, ‘tween our Lyrical Bars
lays a Love Sonnet’s affection
Uncommonly, we exude the Poetic Oneness
that one is meant to live
Our indifferences gives me the insight
to finish your lyrical Sentences

3 comments:

Don said...

Compatibility is merely a ploy to distract from the underlying connection so much stands out but this line is my favorite.

some real live spoken word poets over here. much respect.

Wisdom Body said...

That was HOT!!!!!!!!!. Yo, it was really HOT!!! Much love, my girl. Keep rockin' it.

Wisdom Body said...

my bad I forgot whose blog I was on (lol). Much respect, my boy. Much love.

Ya'll make me want to get back into writing poetry. I lost my hold to it years ago for reasons I will not explain. Thanks for the igniting that spirit in my soul again. Again, much love, may God continue to bless ya, Peace.

Post a Comment