Thursday, September 18, 2008

Plain = Spoken.Word
Bold = N. Steven
I run my hands across your poetry book.
Feeling its texture
As you once did
My hands are where your hands
Were
So...it's like you are touching ME.


Though times, minutes, hours, months and days might separate,
Certain things have a talent of never changing and remaining the same.
Like hearts.
Like love.
Like who we are.
Like you.
Like I.
Like Us.


I thumb through the pages in your poetry book.
One by one.
Imagining that each new page is
As promising to me as they were to you
Once
And you hold nothing back
So...it's like you're filling my empty spaces


Two completely different souls,
Different experiences
Drawn together
Perpendicular in unison. Becoming one.
Finding each blank space and filling it up,
Like Psalm 23’s cup.
Overrunning with what makes it real.


I trace my fingers across the words written on the pages in your poetry book
Left to right
Block stanzas
To jagged lines
One after the other
As if my hand is holding
The pen that you held
To write these words
So...it's like you are holding me

Make me your words
Design me in the fashion of your stanzas
Draw my outline with each line you write
Color me in with your emotion
Hold my heart in your fingers and craft me to life
Write me
Read me.


...lay me. Across your lap.
Touch me. Search me.
Fill. Complete me.
And hold me...
...like I am your poetry book.

6 comments:

Muze said...

i LOVE this.

you two are amazing.

is there a book out?

Unknown said...

well, not yet. but there definitely prepatory work being done...

Don said...

I couldn't really tell what was bold and what wasn't (it's my raggedy phone I know) but the prose was FIYAH as usual and very visualize.

Ya'll already know how I feel about your ink pens, so I don't have to continue to speak it.

Unknown said...

@ don: well, thank you , good sir. and your ink pen is pretty blazing, if i do say so myself.

Eye D. VS Mel O. said...

i really love the collaboration... this piece is dope

Don said...

I came back and read this - still give the same amazing effect. I appreciate your compliments, but my ish does NOT compare to you and your lady's pen. LOL.

Y'all are DEEP!

Post a Comment