Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I.Am.Spoken.Word = Italicized
N.Steven = Bold

My thesis is simply this

Defiantly embracing Truth

Walking to my own drummer

At the peak of my Youth

Days have passed for passer-bys

No more shall I keep my heart silent

Unkempt and unprepared

My soul spits truths that are truly violent

Unmercifully shouting my demands

Onto white, silent pages

To finally define

A true Prodigy of the Ages

Timeless, like wines and classics

I know nothing else but to maintain my soul

And while this “Rhythmless Nation” falls apart

God’s gift to me keeps me whole

The Stereotype enrages me

Trivializes my Purpose

It infuses and confuses me

As to what my true worth is

They’d like it if I wrote in the tone of a boast

Praising and raising nothing but ME

They’d like it if I rhymed and lined my lines in lies

Influenced by the viruses of society

But it won’t paralyze my hand

From inscribing the deepest

It won’t hold me or my pen down

I’ll break their defenses to pieces

So lend your ear to this definition/Ignore all previous superstitions

This life is my reason/Fall into this season/Of my real life’s Thesis

1 comments:

Eye D. VS Mel O. said...

i dig your flow... keep writing love
-eye d.

Post a Comment